[Tagging] oil binding agent?

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Sat Jul 18 12:23:13 UTC 2015

I am looking for the English term for granulate that is made to absorb oil
that was spilled due to a leak or a vehicle accident and threatens ground
water. The granulate is often stored in boxes along forest tracks in water
protection areas. In Austria, the boxes are labelled "ÖLBINDEMITTEL", which
is the German word for the substance.

Dictionaries return "oilbinder", "oil binder", "oil binding agent" and "oil
absorbent", but some of them seem to be used for cooking, which is not what
I mean.

In any case, this certainly belongs to the emergency=* key, e.g.
emergency=oil_binding_agent. But amenity=* might also be ok.

Friedrich K. Volkmann       http://www.volki.at/
Adr.: Davidgasse 76-80/14/10, 1100 Wien, Austria

More information about the Tagging mailing list