[Tagging] oil binding agent?

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 13:08:41 UTC 2015

The term (at least one of the terms) used in the US is "oil absorbent"

For example:

I have seen it used in garages and auto repair shops, but never stored
along forest tracks.


On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at> wrote:

> I am looking for the English term for granulate that is made to absorb oil
> that was spilled due to a leak or a vehicle accident and threatens ground
> water. The granulate is often stored in boxes along forest tracks in water
> protection areas. In Austria, the boxes are labelled "ÖLBINDEMITTEL", which
> is the German word for the substance.
> Dictionaries return "oilbinder", "oil binder", "oil binding agent" and "oil
> absorbent", but some of them seem to be used for cooking, which is not what
> I mean.
> In any case, this certainly belongs to the emergency=* key, e.g.
> emergency=oil_binding_agent. But amenity=* might also be ok.
> --
> Friedrich K. Volkmann       http://www.volki.at/
> Adr.: Davidgasse 76-80/14/10, 1100 Wien, Austria
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20150718/b52403d7/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list