[Tagging] Disputed area
courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Sun Jul 19 08:38:25 UTC 2015
The are many disputed areas in the world but I want to talk about a
specific one : the Mont-Blanc area.
- Near the Mont-Blanc submit, there is a disputed area between France
- Both governments agree that there is a dispute
- Both governments also decided not to solve the issue
- none of the country is really occupying the area. There is no police
nor military forces, no building, no weather station, no flag. Rescue
operations are operated jointly by the two countries on an area larger
than the disputed one.
- the idea is that both countries will share sovereignty.
- so the disputed area will remain as such for a long term, not saying
ad vitam æternam.
We would like to put this fact in OSM, as it is the view shared by both
But we can also try to find a solution for more general cases, with
non-pacific disputes, with one occupying country, territories wanting
More information about the Tagging