[Tagging] How to recognize memorial from monument?

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Jul 21 09:20:29 UTC 2015

W dniu 21.07.2015 9:23, Martin Koppenhoefer napisał(a):

> walk on it doesn't sound like a reasonable criterium (you can walk on
> any pebble for instance).

There may be some monuments that have no holes to enter, but one can go
on them with staircases probably.

> I wouldn't require any particular material.

Sure - so the updated definition would be like:

"A memorial object, especially large (one can go inside, walk on or
through it) or high enough (at least a dozen or so meters), built to
remember, show respect to a person or group of people or to commemorate
an event."

down" [A. Cohen]