[Tagging] How to recognize memorial from monument?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:03:46 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 21.07.2015 um 11:20 schrieb Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl>:
>
> "A memorial object, especially large (one can go inside, walk on or through it) or high enough (at least a dozen or so meters), built to remember, show respect to a person or group of people or to commemorate an event.

much better, still 12 meters are a lot, if you think about standing in front of an 8 meters high object, that's already pretty monumental. When I made the obelisk proposal I choose 5 meters and bigger as size class for monumental obelisks, this 5,47m high obelisk weights more than 5 tons for instance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_and_Obelisk
(without the elephant).

cheers
Martin