[Tagging] Playground equipment

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Jul 22 07:03:19 UTC 2015

John Willis wrote on 2015-07-22 03:47:
>> On Jul 21, 2015, at 3:52 PM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>>
>> I would prefer to have that in the playground:theme=* tag,
>> thus playground=structure and playground:theme=octopus_mountain|ship|castle|dungeon|etc
>
> If they were a one-off, yea, but they are a named playground item here (like climbing hill, slide, zip line), and there are probably several thousand.

Well the values in playground=* describe the function, and the function of your
item is a playing structure. Even if the octopus is common in Japan, such as ships
or castles are common in Europe, its the theme, and it would be good to separate that
from the functional category.

BTW, 'mountain' is a bit misleading in the english version of your value, maybe
hill would be better.

tom