[Tagging] Playground equipment

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Jul 22 08:35:15 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 22, 2015, at 4:03 PM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>
> ships
> or castles are common in Europe, its the theme, and it would be good to separate that
> from the functional category.

I guess that is a good way to look at it.

> BTW, 'mountain' is a bit misleading in the english version of your value, maybe
> hill would be better.

That is true too - i wish there was a natual=hill tag in OSM.

Tagging "peak" onto a 20m tall, yet named "mountian" seems very counter- productive - yet codified as there is no way to verify "importance".   ><

Its a famous story (nationally) in Japan that foreigners showed up at the wrong mount Fuji (the 20m tall one in my town) because they both have train stations named after them. Google made a web ad for google maps in Japan satirizing the mistake.

Javbw.