[Tagging] Disputed area

Eric Sibert courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Thu Jul 23 14:55:07 UTC 2015

> I think a good test case for testing if this can handle ongoing and complex
> conflicts would be Kashmir, as it's currently five-ways disputed between
> Pakistan, India, China, a Kashmir separatist/freedom/independence movement,
> and recently displaced-from-Afghanistan irregular Islamic fundamentalist
> forces.

I would be cautious about not stabilized conflicts and therefore
exclude the last group and just focus on the first four claimers. In
the same idea, I would not try to describe the situation in East
Ukraine.

First question : can you draw current de facto borders? The northern
part of India/Pakistan border?

Second question : can you draw areas with uniform claims and de facto
situation inside?

Eric