[Tagging] access=designated wiki

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:35:06 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Access is also used (misused?) for things other than highways ...
> A hotel may be for 'designated' persons only .. eg employees, students
> only for an apartment building.
> An entry may be 'private' for residence only.

I don't have problems with the access tag on other things than highways.
But what does access=designated mean in case you do not further specify the
"designated to XYZ" ?
Designated is only useful when the group of users/vehicles/.. is specified.

The examples you give also fall under the access=private definition IMHO.