[Tagging] access=designated wiki

Hubert sg.forum at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 15:24:30 UTC 2015

Ø  access=designated is not what you want.

For clarification, I don’t use ‘access’=designated but ‘bicycle’=designated, ‘foot’=designated etc. Just like the wiki page sais : “The exact key/value combination  <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access> access=designated should never appear on an object”

Ø  What is wrong with using the tag bicycle=yes ? Bicycles are 'permitted' .. but not necessarily marked by/on the roadway.

IMO “bicycle=yes” or “foot=yes” are not enough, also permitted is not correct since these road parts are exclusively designated for a specific road use (as you put it.)

I will try to explain my issue with the example of two segregated cycle- and footway. One with a traffic sign [1] and other one without a traffic sign [2]

Both ways are designated for pedestrians and cyclists, each with their own part of the way.

But only the way with the traffic sign will be tagged with bicycle=designated, foot=designated using the definition in the description box

That is not logical, because both ways are still equally designated to pedestrians and cyclist in both situations.

Hubert

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Z241GetrennterRadUndGehweg.png

[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:GetrennterRadUndGehweg.jpeg