[Tagging] landuse=military

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Mon Jul 27 06:56:27 UTC 2015

Richard Welty wrote on 2015-07-26 20:04:
> the wiki definition for landuse=military is very broad:
>
>      For land areas owned/used by the military for whatever purpose
>
> so the usage is correct if we strictly follow the wiki, but it still
> seems odd.

which wiki page should that be?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dmilitary
says "Area used for military purposes", and that has not been changed
recently.

Nothing about ownership, which we typically do not map in OSM,
and nothing about operated by, for which we have the operator tag.

Consequently I agree that the dedicated holiday resort should not
be tagged landuse=military as the land is not used for this purpose.
It can of course have access restrictions and an operator.

tom