[Tagging] works_as_highway=primary

Pavel Zbytovský zbytovsky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:02:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

we have a following issue at mapy.cz (zooms cca <13 are OSM data). We try
to render primary road overview in Czech republic, so the drivers could
easily see where its possible to drive. But sometimes the primary road ends
and continues as a secondary road - it could be in cites, or possibly
temporary detour. (see links below)

Is there any recommended solution already availible? Otherwise we have two
solutions to discuss.
1) technically the small secondary roads part works as primary road
network. So we would suggest a tag similar to works_as_highway=primary. Do
you think its ok? Any suggestions?

2) less preferable solution would be to add render specific tag. Something
like low_zoom_as_higway=primary.

Thanks for reply,
Pavel Zbytovský

[1] http://www.mapy.cz/s/hf6Y