[Tagging] works_as_highway=primary

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 29 13:14:59 UTC 2015

A better router might weight physical attributes such as lanes, surface and effective speed more prominently than heuristics based on logical stuff like administrative classifications and legal maximum speeds. Artificially manipulating the tagging to influence the results of routing algorithms is not the way to go - there is name for that... If the government say its primary, then it's primary, unless you want to replace that with subjective assessments.