[Tagging] Rendering for shop=boutique/fashion on default style

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Jul 31 10:27:50 UTC 2015

I was about to add new icon for shop=boutique and shop=fashion on our
default style, but after short discussion it seems we need some
clarification of these schemes definition:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1706

The only sure thing is shop=clothes, both boutique and fashion are not
clearly defined and have "de facto" status. What should we do with them?
Is there a way to clearly define such shops and - if yes - what tagging
scheme should be used and which one should be deprecated? Should they
have their own tag at all or just additional tag for shop=clothes?

down" [A. Cohen]