[Tagging] Big amenity=fountain

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Jun 1 00:35:34 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2015, at 7:52 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Perhaps a fountain sub-key
>>
>> Fountain=*
>>
>> For the nozzles, lights, water fill, water return, shut-off/control box, and filter set is a good idea (even if most of those are unrendered), for fountain people to map the entire system.
>>
>> Javbw
> Some (if not all) could be used by other things .. swimming pools, spars
> Rather than isolate them to fountains .. perhaps man_made=light   waterway=return_outlet waterway=filter ?

Very true, especially in an industrial setting.

BTW, I was thinking of those special underwater lights that are used for making the water other colors.

Is waterway a good key for the other things? I mean, these are more sub-features of a larger thing.

What about waterworks=* ?

But as i don't use waterway for much beyond streams and drains, i don't have much experience in tagging more complicated stuff.

Isn't there a waterway group (that chimed in on waste disposal) that would have a more informed opinion?

Javbw