[Tagging] man_made=works

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 3 01:46:22 UTC 2015

On 1 June 2015 at 13:18, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why do you need to specify amenity = yes or tourism = yes  ? What do I
> learn from that ? Is this for the case that there are 2 reception desks on
> a property (thinking about a campsite here), where one is used by the
> tourist and the other for deliveries ?
>
> I still haven't figured out for myself whether top level keys bring a lot
> of benefits. I suppose they do for building or shop (see e.g. SK53 latest
> diary entry on shop statistics, which won't be possible with a top-level
> shop tag).
> But does it help for things "amenity", leisure or tourism, which are
> really collections of totally different things ? Would they be better off
> without those top level tags ?
>
> regards

It's a good question. Highway ,building, barrier  - seem 'data strong' but
'manmade', 'amenity' and the like are REALLY weak as they give no clue
about the object that's of any value to anyone.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>