[Tagging] OSM is a right mess (was: Craigslist OpenStreetMap Rendering Issue)

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Wed Jun 3 01:51:01 UTC 2015

> No tag
> Tag oneway
> tag twoway
>
> not an'equals' in sight  and difficult to mistake twoway for oneway.

I would say that's much worse both for mappers as well as consumers. Not
even to mention documentation, because now you have two wiki pages which
again is always a good source for errors.

As a mapper I now have to check for both tags, there can be
contradictions, QA Tools can't just check one value etc.

For consumers the same. They now have to check two keys instead of one.

And then this isn't the only case. Every yes/no would then be like that
which would be a nightmare, because you will 2x the amount of tags, wiki
pages and everything else that has to be kep up to date. No to mention
that is simple doesn't work if it's not just 2 pairs like bus=yes/no...
are you going to use no_bus=yes instead?