[Tagging] OSM is a right mess (was: Craigslist OpenStreetMap Rendering Issue)

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 23:36:34 UTC 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 14:49, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:

> OK, next option is
>>
>> directions=1 (way)
>> directions=2
>> directions=unknown.
>>
>> That way, the key has no  built-in value itself forcing the value to be
>> read to have any, well, value !
>>

> And someone reading that tag will have no idea what it stands for. Maybe
> those are different exits? Does it has something to do with lanes?
>
> Oneway makes it very easy for every mapper to see the tag and know what it
> means. Another benefit is it's very simple english word.
>
> ___

I agree 'directions' isn't a good alternative, it was merely used for
illustrative purposes. oneway needs to be the value, not the key.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>