[Tagging] OSM is a right mess (was: Craigslist OpenStreetMap Rendering Issue)

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 23:51:00 UTC 2015

On 5 June 2015 at 00:13, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> For me it stands for 1 or 2 persons standing there you can get directions
> from. All you need to do is ask. It might be unknown when they're there :-)
>
> Anyway, for all its flaws the tagging system mostly works, don't fix it if
> it isn't (completely) broken.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jo

The issue was renderers looking only at the key and assuming the value -
creating misinformation. If that can be avoided, all the better!

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>