[Tagging] Changes + additions: shop= photo, hobby, model

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Jun 5 22:32:07 UTC 2015

Yea - in America hobby shops like the wikipedia entry exist - they are model/rc/train/craft stores - they have a mix of all the types - they are not a specific specialty store, which exist too.

Generic shop:
http://goo.gl/maps/cy4I2 "hobby people"

Just model trains:
http://goo.gl/maps/p9D3n reeds train shop.

and "table gaming" stores selling DnD supplies (dice, figures) and warhammer and similar figure pacs, along with adult oriented card games (Magic) and the adult oriented board games (settlers of kattan, etc)

http://goo.gl/maps/NHT3m game empire

In Japan, there are those too - but with the prevalence of plastic models - some shops cater only to plastic model kits
http://goo.gl/maps/325oN "toy box Okazaki"

Shop=hobby
Shop=model trains
Shop=table_gaming
Shop=scale_models

The better choice (I think) is to create a subkey for hobby and define out the different shops that way.

hobby:model_trains=yes
hobby:rc_cars=yes
hobby:rc_planes=yes
hobby:rc_drones=yes
hobby:scale_model_kits=yes
hobby:table_games=yes
hobby:card_games=yes
hobby:game_figures=yes

That way the shop types can be mixed and matched - and still under the umbrella of "hobby".

And I'm sure there are a multitude of others.

Plus there are a lot of these things in more dedicated crafting stores (for painting, scrapbooking, etc) and toy stores as well.

Javbw