[Tagging] Changes + additions: shop= photo, hobby, model

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 00:09:29 UTC 2015

On 5 June 2015 at 09:45, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Shop=photo changed to remove frames and framing from it.
>> Reason.. there is a documented shop=frame so if the shop=photo does
>> frames then it should be tagged shop=photo; frame
>> I have included that information on the wiki page
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dphoto
>>

> I have reverted this edit. Frames are part of the definition of this shop
> type at least since 2011, you cannot change definitions of tags without
> discussing and retagging first, or you will create inconsistencies (the map
> not matching the definition). Multivalues are generally disputed and seen
> as problematic, read here for more information:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Semi-colon_value_separator
> http://blog.jochentopf.com/2013-09-23-semicolons-in-osm-tags.html
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Value_separator

When will the multi values problem be fixed ?

What if the value is a range ? Is that a problem too ? 1;2;3;4;5 or is 1-5
 preferred in a contiguous case ?

Which order should values be listed? major to minor or minor to major ?

building:color=red,white,blue,pink_dots

building:material=brick,masonry,wood,steel,glass,plastic,rubber

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to the country's ongoing harassment of me, my
family, property & pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>