[Tagging] RFD tag:shop=camera?

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 01:13:06 UTC 2015

On 5 June 2015 at 06:01, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 4:14 AM, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Don't confuse searching for an object with how they are
>> sorted/labeled/and represented - nor forget about the inflexibility in
>> OSM/-carto to get them represented differently. (Take-out bag?) Or support
>> regional renderings (buddhist shrines do not use the buddhist wheel in
>> Japan, but thats what they get)
>>

> You might know the French made their own rendering of OpenStreetMap data.
> They have a baguette for a bakery instead of the bagel icon. They also have
> decicated icons for their railway stations, mail offices, etc. It would be
> a good thing when e.g. the Japanese community would set up their own
> server, with focus on what they find important and with typical icons for
> their culture. When it would appear on osm.org as an alternative layer
> that would even be greater.
>
> regards

I have absolutely no objection to locals using their own language names for
things but having different icons is surely not a benefit ?

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to the country's ongoing harassment of me, my
family, property & pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>