[Tagging] Data metamodels (was: Re: Changes + additions: shop= photo, hobby, model)

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat Jun 6 13:55:53 UTC 2015

W dniu 06.06.2015 11:29, Colin Smale napisał(a):

> Time to work towards an updated metamodel, with:
>
> * Multiple values (lists of values - sorting out the semicolon
> business?)

Sure!

> * Complex values (data structures - formalising the namespace syntax?)

Any example? I don't know what are you talking about.

> * Simple Polygon as a basic type ("under construction" without any
> tangible progress for years)

What do you mean? This issue maybe?:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/The_Future_of_Areas

> These are all real-life things that cause a lot of energy to be
> expended in OSM, simply because we don't have a way of representing
> them in the metamodel.

You're right. I also argue we need better category system, exactly
because we loose a lot of energy for trying to put some real-life
objects into too narrow and fixed categorization model.

> Time to take things to the next level!

Any practical hints how to do it?

down" [A. Cohen]