[Tagging] Changes + additions: shop= photo, hobby, model

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:27:15 UTC 2015

>> Am 06.06.2015 um 00:32 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>>
>> Shop=hobby
>> Shop=model trains
>> Shop=table_gaming
>> Shop=scale_models
>>
>> The better choice (I think) is to create a subkey for hobby and define out the different shops that way.
>
> There can be a lot of hobbies, I wouldn't have put games shops (table gaming, adventures, Cosplay, ...) in hobby, but in toys. I agree for subtags. Cosplay could be a sub category of costumes. I would have thought of hobby stores selling stuff for creative work, like scissors, glue, paper and cardboard, wooden pieces, paint, plastics etc.
> I see that rc vehicle models could be seen as a kind of hobby shop too, but they could also be a kind of toy shop or a category of its own (with still space for more detailed subtags, eg trains, aircraft, watercraft, machinery, landbased. Scales (can make sense for trains with fix scale classes)), I'd rather prefer not to use a very broad reading of "hobby" as this would reduce the information significantly requiring to look at subtags for most real applications. Maybe we can live without it completely, using unambiguous synonyms for the different meanings.

The present structure of the shop= main page would suggest that shop=hobby would not be used as it is a main type of shop, along with Art and Music.
If shop=hobby and sub keys used than the same method should be used for other shop types .. Art, Music etc..
Hopefully the use of subkeys would enable combinations .. such as tea and coffee in the one shop.
So ... a complete reorganisation for the shop= key so that sub keys can be used?

Some consider Golf, Fishing, Stamp and Coin collecting as hobbies.