[Tagging] Changes + additions: shop= photo, hobby, model

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sun Jun 7 00:55:29 UTC 2015

I'm

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 7, 2015, at 8:27 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Some consider Golf, Fishing, Stamp and Coin collecting as hobbies.

Any activity that you don't do for a job can be considered a hobby.

But some activities fall into broader groups, usually based on what the activity itself is. Sometimes those shops catering to a "professional" serve both the pro worker and the pro hobbyist (or are a common part of life) - so we dont make a "hobby" distinction -

Such as shop=camera. Used by everyday people, hobbyists, and professionals for their job.

Also -
Usually activities that are athletic, require a pitch,  or performed in the wilderness usually fall under sports - sporting goods stores.

Hiking/trekking, fishing, and other "outdoor" activites fall under this.

Maybe "outdoor" falls under sports, as many many stores are a mix of sports and outdoor gear.

Activities that are usually never a profession, and require construction or take place at a desk or workbench usually end up being called hobbies - hence hobby shops. There are millions of RC car hobbyists or model makers, but a fraction of a fraction of a percent would make money through racing or making models.

A coin collecting shop would be

Shop=hobby
Hobby=coin (or the fancier "numismatic")

...If we start pitting stuff into subcategories.

Javbw.