[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Mon Jun 8 15:05:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 16:48 +0200, Andreas Goss wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_and_Vehicle_Licensing_Agency
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Motor_Vehicles
>
> amenity=driver_vehicle_licensing_agency
>
> Seems a bit long and while it's the name of the agency in the UK it also
> describes what it does very well. Maybe without acency? Using + isn't a
> good idea, right?
>
> amenity=driver_vehicle_licensing
>
> Or is there a more general term so we could subtag this in case some
> countries don't combine it.

Maybe something like:

office=licensing
licensing:vehicle=yes
licensing:driver=yes

In the US, they are not combined. In Texas, the driver licensing is a
completely different office from motor vehicle registration. The
individual states that require inspections for vehicles (the US
equivalent of a MOT inspection) usually let individual repair shops
(anything from oil change shops all the way up to full service garages)
handle this.