[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:00:01 UTC 2015

> Am 08.06.2015 um 16:48 schrieb Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de>:
> Seems a bit long and while it's the name of the agency in the UK it also describes what it does very well. Maybe without acency? Using + isn't a good idea, right?
> amenity=driver_vehicle_licensing
> Or is there a more general term so we could subtag this in case some countries don't combine it.

I believe we have a huge gap at tags for government agencies. We could start drafting a system with subtags, eg
a tag that says a place is a government agency, a subtag for the administration level (eg municipal, regional, national, could maybe be the same as admin_level?), more subtags for the stuff you can do there (eg register your place of residence, or the birth of a child, request a passport, register a car, ...) AND/OR the class of agency (eg foreign affairs, tax agency, commerce chamber, ...)


More information about the Tagging mailing list