[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Mon Jun 8 19:20:23 UTC 2015

> I believe we have a huge gap at tags for government agencies. We could start drafting a system with subtags, eg
> a tag that says a place is a government agency, a subtag for the administration level (eg municipal, regional, national, could maybe be the same as admin_level?), more subtags for the stuff you can do there (eg register your place of residence, or the birth of a child, request a passport, register a car, ...) AND/OR the class of agency (eg foreign affairs, tax agency, commerce chamber, ...)

While I agree that there is a gap, I'm also not really sure where to
start and what we are actually missing. I have been looking a bit at the
categories of other services and that's where DMV caught my eyes.
http://blumenthals.com/Google_LBC_Categories

And in Germany for example pretty much all you listed apart from car
registration is done in the townhall.