[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:05:45 UTC 2015

> Am 09.06.2015 um 08:12 schrieb Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
>
> Maybe pretty it up with a namespace.
>
>   office=goverment
>   admin_level=4
>   office:type:california=DMV
>
>   office=goverment
>   admin_level=4
>   office:type:massachusetts=RMV
>   name=Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles
>

> There's a whole set of assumptions about each type of goverment office that would be impossible to
> consistently capture with generic tags.

I tend to disagree. The details might be different what you can expect at a certain kind of office but that doesn't imply that we have to use different values.
e.g a tag like
public_office=vehicle_registration could mean DMV in California and RMV in Massachusetts.

or vehicle_registration=yes etc.

Generally we should avoid abbreviations.

cheers
Martin