[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Jun 9 10:27:49 UTC 2015

There's got to be a better way to do this.  Oregon, this would be handled
by the DMV in rural areas, and the Department of Environmental Quality in
the Metro and Lane County regions.  In Oklahoma, this would be handled by
the Oklahoma Tax Commission, same as you'd get a fishing license.

Driver's licenses are similarly weird; Oregon you'd do the whole thing in a
Soviet breadline-like marathon at the DMV.  Oklahoma, you go to a
Department of Public Safety office, and have a reserve state trooper
perform your driving test, then you get an 8x11 inch piece of paper that
says you're allowed to drive in Oklahoma.  If you want to drive in other
states, then you go to the Oklahoma Tax Commission and pay the $35 to get
the card other states recognize (and can be used as state ID).