[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Tue Jun 9 13:58:16 UTC 2015

What I don't get is why everyone is on this office=government and
government=* tag, when even in your proposal most of the stuff that
would fall under civic_admin is currently just tagged as amenity.

I mean I would not have an issue with a government= tag, but then we
would have to be consistent and long term stuff like amenity=townhall
should be government=townhall.

And the biggest issue as already mentioned a bit further down in the
discussion is that there often is no clear line you can draw. In some
countries a service is run by the government, in others it's not and
sometimes that's even the case within a country.