[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Jun 9 23:51:24 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 10, 2015, at 12:40 AM, phil at trigpoint.me.uk wrote:
>> On Tue Jun 9 16:26:36 2015 GMT+0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote: 
>> you can use them universally for payments of government taxes and fees,
>> typically you have to stick them onto forms or other documents to make them
>> valid.
> Tax_stamp sounds good, I have never heard of a UK equivalent. 

The name for them is revenue_stamp


"Tax" is a surcharge on another service (sales tax) - this for a fee paid directly for a service - which is revenue for the government agency accepting the money. 

It is also proof that a fee has been paid (you have the stamp!) so they are sometimes affixed to non-paperwork objects (alcohol bottles,etc) to prove that the proper payment has been made to the proper agency regulating the good before sale - where sales tax would then be applied.  


> Phil (trigpoint)
> -- 
> Sent from my Jolla
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

More information about the Tagging mailing list