[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Jun 9 23:51:24 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 10, 2015, at 12:40 AM, phil at trigpoint.me.uk wrote:
>
>> On Tue Jun 9 16:26:36 2015 GMT+0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>
>> you can use them universally for payments of government taxes and fees,
>> typically you have to stick them onto forms or other documents to make them
>> valid.
> Tax_stamp sounds good, I have never heard of a UK equivalent.

The name for them is revenue_stamp

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue_stamp

"Tax" is a surcharge on another service (sales tax) - this for a fee paid directly for a service - which is revenue for the government agency accepting the money.

It is also proof that a fee has been paid (you have the stamp!) so they are sometimes affixed to non-paperwork objects (alcohol bottles,etc) to prove that the proper payment has been made to the proper agency regulating the good before sale - where sales tax would then be applied.

Javbw.