[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:30:26 UTC 2015

> Am 10.06.2015 um 01:51 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
> The name for them is revenue_stamp
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue_stamp

this article names tax stamp and fiscal stamp as synonyms in the first sentence 

> It is also proof that a fee has been paid (you have the stamp!) so they are sometimes affixed to non-paperwork objects (alcohol bottles,etc) to prove that the proper payment has been made to the proper agency regulating the good before sale - where sales tax would then be applied.  

in German at least, these are slightly different concepts (Stempelmarke vs. Steuersiegel), the latter is typically found on tobacco products while the former isn't in use anymore since around 2002 (Austria and Germany)


More information about the Tagging mailing list