[Tagging] Airport Security Zones (from pet relief area thread)

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Jun 11 11:52:40 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:52 AM, johnw <johnw at mac.com> wrote:

> I would hate for a gas station icon to pop up somewhere where I couldn’t
> access it with normal transportation or not really be a “gas station”

Devil's advocate:  For quite a few people (particularly in the pacific
northwest, the arctic, and other exceedingly rural and vast locales),
flight would be "normal transportation."  Rural airstrips, particularly
those without a fenced perimeter, may have a fuel station that could very
well also serve up fuels for ground transportation.  There's a little bit
of a legacy of that around metro Tulsa; the oldest gas station adjacent to
what is now Tulsa International Raceway (but formerly the main airport) has
large warning labels on the pumps reading NOT SUITABLE FOR AIRCRAFT USE.
The avgas pumps now sell racing fuel.