[Tagging] Airport Security Zones (from pet relief area thread)

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Jun 11 13:34:43 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 8:52 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:52 AM, johnw <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
>> I would hate for a gas station icon to pop up somewhere where I couldn’t access it with normal transportation or not really be a “gas station”
>
> Devil's advocate:  For quite a few people (particularly in the pacific northwest, the arctic, and other exceedingly rural and vast locales), flight would be "normal transportation."  Rural airstrips, particularly those without a fenced perimeter, may have a fuel station that could very well also serve up fuels for ground transportation.  There's a little bit of a legacy of that around metro Tulsa; the oldest gas station adjacent to what is now Tulsa International Raceway (but formerly the main airport) has large warning labels on the pumps reading NOT SUITABLE FOR AIRCRAFT USE.  The avgas pumps now sell racing fuel.

Thats super interesting!

I suppose having those rural and vehecle acessible fuel stations labeled gas station is good (maybe both tags, as they are in different keyspaces?) But the jet fuel stations in the center of an international airport certainly don't a "gas station" tag - as it mihht lead to some pretty confused tourists with retnal cars takig a. Wrong turn into a cargo terminal looking for a sration close to the rental car return ^_^

If you cant buy gas, it really isn't a gas station.

Javbw