[Tagging] Airport "Pet Relief Areas" (toilet and watering spot for pet and service animals)

johnw johnw at mac.com
Sat Jun 13 04:46:28 UTC 2015

> On Jun 13, 2015, at 1:02 PM, John Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
>
> The airport is likely to want a detailed map of the secure areas that are off-limits to the general public, but they are unlikely to place that information into a publicly-accessible database.  As you say, the public map will show (1) areas available to everyone, (2) areas available only to passengers who have cleared security checkpoints, and (3) areas accessible only to authorized personnel, shown on the public map only as an amorphous block.  Even for internal use, different versions of the secure-areas map are likely to exist.

http://sanmap.san.org/Html5Viewer/Index.html?viewer=sanmap <http://sanmap.san.org/Html5Viewer/Index.html?viewer=sanmap>

Zoom in on the terminals. the official airport map shows where the checkpoints are, what is considered secure, and other areas of the terminal.

Becuase this is OSM, we also map the outside of the airport too.

Having a bit more detailed maps, maybe using some industry terms - but not revealing anything that isn’t publicly viewable or knowable - isn’t a big deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_International_Airport#/media/File:SAN_-_FAA_airport_diagram.gif <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_International_Airport#/media/File:SAN_-_FAA_airport_diagram.gif>

Mapping where hundreds of thousands of gallons of Jet fuel is stored at Narita (all those storage tanks!) seems like a “bigger risk” to me.

Javbw