[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Blood donation 2

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 17:03:44 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-20 14:46, Ruben Maes wrote :
> After the proposal Donation was rejected, I tried to address the
> issues that were raised in a new proposal using
> healthcare=blood_donation:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Blood_donation_2
>
> You are of course welcome to point out any flaws.
> You are also welcome to improve the language if you like: make phrases
> more fluent, fix mistakes, etc.
Thanks for taking care of this life-saving service!
Some contributors will recall that facilities, amenities, healthcare
etc. are not map objects but attributes of them, usually a building of
which the tags apply such as address.
For example, blood donation may periodically take place in a school,
giving (for example in one of the possible LST formats):
building=school
addr:street=*
phone=*    (that of the school (main tag))
building:blood_donation=yes
blood_donation:phone=*
The tricky case is when blood donation happens in mobile vehicles.
That recalls us mapping clouds and the horse in the meadow.

Cheers

André.