[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Blood donation 2

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 23:14:02 UTC 2015

On 21/06/2015 3:03 AM, André Pirard wrote:
> On 2015-06-20 14:46, Ruben Maes wrote :
>> After the proposal Donation was rejected, I tried to address the
>> issues that were raised in a new proposal using
>> healthcare=blood_donation:
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Blood_donation_2
>>
>> You are of course welcome to point out any flaws.
>> You are also welcome to improve the language if you like: make phrases
>> more fluent, fix mistakes, etc.

Looks good at first read.

>      Thanks for taking care of this life-saving service!
>      Some contributors will recall that facilities, amenities, healthcare
>      etc. are not map objects but attributes of them, usually a building
>      of which the tags apply such as address.
>      For example, blood donation may periodically take place in a school,
>      giving (for example in one of the possible LST formats):
>      building=school
>      addr:street=*
>      phone=*    (that of the school (main tag))
>      building:blood_donation=yes
>      blood_donation:phone=*

If periodic then the times when blood donation is present would also be needed!

blood_donation:schedule= times, same format as opening-times tag?
That would be more important than a phone number (which might only be manned during the opening hours/days).

>      The tricky case is when blood donation happens in mobile vehicles.
>      That recalls us mapping clouds and the horse in the meadow.

There is no suggestion in the proposal to tag either mobile or periodic facilities.

So the proposal should be judged on the permanent facilities ONLY.

Extending it to cover other things ?

IMO I would not.

A mobile service could be seen as periodic ...
A periodic service may not have a fixed period/schedule ...
I think the fixed facility can be mapped and verified easily.
Mobile and/or scheduled services are much more difficult to map and verify.