[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - reception_point

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 07:54:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wonder: Could we try to slightly change the proposal/RFC process to make
the community develop the good solution?
It is obvious that only a small amount of people voted against the proposal
as such, thinking it's not useful.
The majority complained about the specific wording.
We could put several voting sections in one wiki-page, something like this:

  Reception point/desk/facility proposal

  Reception provides a place where people arrive to be greeted...

  Proposed tagging:

  amenity = reception_point
  yes
  yes
  no
  no

  amenity = reception_desk
  yes
  no
  yes
  no

People would be able to add their own versions, and vote. The winning
suggestion becomes the final wording.
It would also have the advantage of keeping comments next to the votes
rather than in this mailing list. The mailing list is clearly good for
discussion, but not so much for the final stage, when the proposer needs
the community feedback. At that moment suddenly those who haven't heard
arguments are asked for their opinion.

Cheers,
Kotya