[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - reception_point

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:56:35 UTC 2015

On 24/06/2015 5:54 PM, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder: Could we try to slightly change the proposal/RFC process to
> make the community develop the good solution?
> It is obvious that only a small amount of people voted against the
> proposal as such, thinking it's not useful.
> The majority complained about the specific wording.

There were a significant number against 'desk' (4 voice concerns over
'desk').
One is still against 'amenity'.
Difficult to make out what some concerns are about or to make out a
change that would be suitable.

The wording of the wiki changes over time as wiki edits take placed.
Most of this activity is 'polishing' - small changes to improve the
meaning and/or comprehension. I'm not too worried about this, as long as
the basic intention remains.

> We could put several voting sections in one wiki-page, something like
> this:
>
>   Reception point/desk/facility proposal
>   Reception provides a place where people arrive to be greeted...
>   Proposed tagging:
>   amenity = reception_point
>   yes
>   yes
>   no
>   no
>   amenity = reception_desk
>   yes
>   no
>   yes
>   no
>
> People would be able to add their own versions, and vote. The winning
> suggestion becomes the final wording.
> It would also have the advantage of keeping comments next to the votes
> rather than in this mailing list. The mailing list is clearly good for
> discussion, but not so much for the final stage, when the proposer
> needs the community feedback. At that moment suddenly those who
> haven't heard arguments are asked for their opinion.

Nice idea ... but I have started down this path so will continue. It
would have been usefull for blood donations too. And temperature would
certainly benefit for such a change.