[Tagging] Concrete kerbs in highway

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Jun 25 19:09:12 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net>
wrote:

> the issue, i think is that frequently there are highways that have raised
> concrete barriers, but with frequent gaps. you end up needing to model
> this one way or another. there is not really an easy way out.

True. Center kerbs are often for short distances to prevent left turns. The
connecting streets could just be tagged with a no left turn.

There doesn't seem to be interest in creating a tag kerb=center so one of
the alternative will have to be the default. When I get some free time I'll
try to add something to the wiki to help other mappers with center kerbs
and barriers.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle