[Tagging] tagging large intersections cross-road sections

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Fri Jun 26 14:46:10 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:05:14PM +0900, John Willis wrote:
> Im surprised a residential or unclassified road would ever be
> important enough to have another designated road have the sole purpose
> of linking it to-from another road -

This is pretty common in Germany that you have "shortcuts" around
traffic lights turning right. If tertiary or better those are
tagged with their appropriate *_link counterparts. We dont have those
for residential/unclassified. So there is no way to attribute them.

I think the *_link road types are inconsistent and should be deprecated
in favor of more accurate and universal attribution.

Flo
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!