[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:waste_collection

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 00:06:30 UTC 2015

On 28/02/2015 8:57 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>     I'm going to move this to voting shortly .. do remember the vote
>     is on the key ... not values. Thus the vote is on
>     "waste_collection=", not recycling, 'reverse fees'  :-) , etc etc.
>

> -5
>
> I disagree: the vote is on the proposal, not just "the key".
> The wiki process works well when the entire proposal can be improved,
> and a good pattern of tagging set from the start.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

------------------------------------
As a concept OSM maps what is seen on the ground.
  The present waste type things are taged as to the thing collected ..
not what is seen on  the ground...

Should not the tag there be primarily on that thing on the ground?

Certainly for the solid wastes ...
capacity - would indicate the size ... probably in litres as that looks
to be the way the things are specified?
receptical - wheelie bin, skip bin .. and others .. names/descriptions
to be found ... ?

and then lastly what goes in them?

Just a though ... any comments ...?
I know that the person looking to dispose of a certain thing will search
for that .. but once found they'd like not only the location but the
size and description would be handy?