[Tagging] Mapping private home toilets

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Mar 3 01:44:17 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 3, 2015, at 7:45 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2) new key ... private=* ?
> thus change these from amenity=toilet to private=toilet ... also provides for other 'private' things being entered ..eg  swimming pools ..

+1

There are all kinds of buildings we map that are completely private (houses, for example), yet are visible from publicly accessible places.

If OSM wants to be used in emergency uses or be flexible for odd data sets, mapping private toilets (or propane ovens, house-top solar panels, or places where x is useful.

Javbw

> In an emergency some of these 'private' things are usefull .. for instance swimming pools are  a good water source for fighting fires. Easy to map form satellite views too.

Oops - I need to untag/retag a couple pools.