[Tagging] Mapping private home toilets

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Mar 3 10:17:37 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would agree, but I cannot imagine how to identify mechanically (i.e.
> without knowing the place) which toilets are private home toilets.

A fair number of these were collected using tags like
"watsan:toilet_owner=private",
and then later mechanically retagged to "amenity=toilet".

Beyond that there's the approach of making certain bulk assumptions, and
working with the same on the ground mappers
to resurface and confirm the true public access facilities.  Some areas
will have none: a traveler will either be expected to visit
someone, or to hide behind a bush.