[Tagging] Tagging for an event space / function hall?

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Mar 5 20:49:12 UTC 2015

I encourage you to propose a mechanical edit to consolidate all that mess,
once the tagging is clear.

I encourage you to encourage mappers to supply a website tag with any new
event hall, so one can go from
map to name to the details of booking.

---

Many if not most "event halls" are in fact something else ALSO, like a
church or a community centre or a bed and breakfast.  Thus the tag should
NOT be in an existing namespace like "amenity, shop or tourism or
building". Instead it's an attribute
of a place.

amenity=events_centre would be a poor choice.

Some clarity should be made on restaurants that rent out space for events:
that's something of a different product.  Mappable I supposed, but not
really the same thing.