[Tagging] Tagging for an event space / function hall?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 21:48:34 UTC 2015

> Am 05.03.2015 um 21:49 schrieb Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
>
> Many if not most "event halls" are in fact something else ALSO, like a church or a community centre or a bed and breakfast.  Thus the tag should NOT be in an existing namespace like "amenity, shop or tourism or building". Instead it's an attribute
> of a place.
>
> amenity=events_centre would be a poor choice.

+1, although there are few dedicated event center I agree. There are lots of places which offer these kind of services, from hotels to community centers, sometimes big appartement complexes, restaurants, castles, office buildings, bowling centers, convention centers etc. maybe almost every place if you are willing to pay. Size / capacity seems to be a very important information here.

cheers,
Martin