[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:08:25 UTC 2015

On 9/03/2015 1:22 AM, Andreas Goss wrote:
> Why do you even bother with a proposal when you bascially don't care
> about tagging?

I care to get good, if not the best,  tags. I try to get ideas for these
from the tagging group. I don't care for arguments on a proposal that
are not directly relevant to that proposal.

> If you want to tag reception_desks in whatever random way then just go
> ahead and do it.

I don't want a "random way" .. thank you for the derogatory comment.

> Then people will see what you used on taginfo when looking for
> reception and at some point you just make a wiki page with in use.

You really don't care for the tagging group much, do you?

The way I search for a relevant tag is to use the wiki, not taginfo. I
suspect many mappers do the same. Using a tag that is not on the wiki
will probably mean it is not rendered.. thus I may have wasted my
effort. By waving the flag for this possibly new tag, the tag gets
improved by thoughtfull comments, advertised, and hopefully approved.