[Tagging] Draft Proposed Relationship Area Steps

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 23:45:07 UTC 2015

> How would you know which steps are the ones vanishing?

I think I found a solution, a tag "start_step_offset=*". If the lowest step
of the whole staircase is the first step, start_step_offset says at which
offset every way starts. Default is 0, which means a way starts at the
lowest possible step. Here's an example:

http://i.imgur.com/a4C7fyR.png

The left way has 10 steps, and it has the default value of
start_step_offset (0) which means its first step is the overall lowest
step. The right way has start_step_offset=3 which means its first step is 3
steps above the lowest one.

And to come back to your question, the right way in my example would have
start_step_offset=1. That's how you know the first step vanished, and the
last step vanished. If it had start_step_offset=2, that would mean the
first two steps vanished.

I think this is pretty elegant.

Janko Mihelić