[Tagging] domestic fuel transport delivery мазут

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 00:13:39 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-08 22:47, Philip Barnes wrote :
> On Sun, 2015-03-08 at 14:47 +0100, André Pirard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried to no avail those keywords for what I suppose you
>> understand what I mean.
>> A man doing his business of delivering fuel with his lorry in addition
>> to his amenity=fuel.
>> All the results I've got were pipelines (of course ;-) ),
>> humanitarian, and "foreign countries" as usually called albeit any
>> country is always foreign to a countless other ones.
> Not sure its verifiable or visible, you can of course map the depot
> where he loads his lorry with fuel but there is no, and should not be, a
> means to tag that a mobile business operates in this area.
Thanks, but I am, of course, not trying to tag a man in a lorry.
The complete tags I used so far are:

addr:city
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:city?uselang=en> 	...
addr:housenumber
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:housenumber?uselang=en> 	...
addr:postcode
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:postcode?uselang=en> 	...
addr:street
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:street?uselang=en> 	...
amenity <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity?uselang=en>
fuel <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=fuel?uselang=en>
building <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building?uselang=en> 	yes
contact:email
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:contact:email?uselang=en> 	...
contact:fax
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:contact:fax?uselang=en> 	...
contact:phone
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:contact:phone?uselang=en> 	...
name <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name?uselang=en> 	...
operator <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:operator?uselang=en>
Total

I'm not sure where he loads his lorry, but that's unimportant.
It's a kind of shop doing only home delivery.
It's not amenity=fuel (not a gas station).
It's not shop=fuel (people don't come with jerry-cans).

Beside amenity=fuel, I see all sorts of things like landuse=retail,
landuse=industrial, etc. with name=fuel.
I don't think that name=fuel is a correct way to indicate fuel business,
especially for an amenity=fuel.
Unlike all those, my guy is not called Mr Fuel anyway ;-)

What's the correct tag?

Cheers

André.